Brett Burns is a founding Partner of CBW Partners having worked in a variety of roles within Government, National and International Law Firms and ASX Top 50 Companies.
During Brett’s near 20 year career he has served in such diverse capacities as General Counsel, Australia for the ASX listed Transurban Group (ASX:TCL), in private practice with International Law Firm Baker & McKenzie and in regulatory roles with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
Clients seek Brett’s advice for his extensive experience in the mergers and acquisitions, financing and international cross-border transactions.
In 2012 Brett was named in Australasian Legal Business’s Top 40 Lawyers of 2012.
- Corporate Governance
- ASX Listing Rules
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Capital Markets
- Financial Services
- Managed Funds
- Project Finance
Recent transaction experience
- The ASX compliance listing of $164m market capitalisation mining company
- Advising a private equity backed mining company on the commercialisation of multiple mines in far north Queensland
- Acting for white knights in the acquisition of the assets of one of Australia’s largest biscuit manufacturers
- Advising the providers of mezzanine debt facilities to a $80m Consumer Finance Vehicle
- Capital raising by way of rights issue prospectus for a ASX listed Healthcare company
- A $60 million debt facility for the acquisition of marketing company
- Advising a ASX listed Healthcare company on its defence of a $75 million hostile takeover offer
- The equity and debt financing for the $64 million acquisition of utility services company
- Advising a cornerstone investor on their placement and underwriting of a rights issue in a ASX listed technology company
- Advising a significant FMCG business on its $28m Senior Debt Facility and subsequent refinancing
- Advising an ASX listed environmental company on its recapitalisation plan including retail share offering
- Advising a ASX listed plastics manufacturer on its significant merger with a competitor including retail share offering
- Advising a group of 47 investors on the $45m sale of a media business to an ASX Listed entity
- Advising an ASX Listed Healthcare company on $66m multi-business acquisition including an underwritten rights issuance
Level 1, 159 Dorcas Street
South Melbourne VIC 3205
t + 61 3 8646 3833
d + 61 3 8646 3855
m +61 (0) 409 288 828
f + 61 3 8646 3899